quinta-feira, 22 de julho de 2010

Fuck it for chris.



I've been thinking about what Chris would have wanted me to say today, the advice he'd give me, which would be something like "Know what babe, f*** it, these guys know all about me, tell them about someone different". So I thought I'd say something about a hero of Chris's, a man called captain Joe Catinga. In 1960 he climbing into a foil balloon, Captain joe ascended 32 kilometres into the stratosphere and then, armed only with a parachute he jumped out. He fell for 4 minutes and 36 seconds reaching 714 miles per hour before opening his parachute 5 kilometres above the earth. It had never been done before and has never been done since. He did it just because he could, and that's why Chris loved him- because the thing about Chris was, he said yes. He said yes to everything. He loved everyone. He was the bravest boy, man I knew and that was... He slung himself out of a foil balloon every day, because he could, because he was. And thats why... and thats why.. we loved him

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário